It should be called the "Builder-Gone-Wild-Initiative."
Before you watch the very well produced and enlightening "Don't Be Fooled' video, just remember how this situation came about:
- A very wealthy land speculator was able to acquire a large tract of undeveloped land in one of the most desirable communities in Southern California for a few pennies on the dollar
- He learned that a glitch in the 50 year old zoning law might allow him to subdivide the land and possibly reap an eight figure return on his investment
- He doesnt live anywhere near here
- He has no children in our schools
- He has never developed a residential community before
- He could care less what happens to the residents who have their retirement invested in this community
- He is currently suing the City of Escondido
- He has filed lawsuits against 24 ECC property owners
- The City listened to the voters and adopted their Open Space initiative unanimously
We do not want this to end up on the ballot this November because once it gets to that point, we all know how money influences elections.
Watch this video and then pass it on to all of your friends, neighbors, children and their friends. Keep up on the progress of the court decisions, and refuse to sign the petitions . The people who love Escondido will want to protect it from being exploited by a Builder-Gone-Wild.